Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Really don't like you Paul

"seriously Paul? Really? committing everything to Jesus?" 2 Timothy 1:12 says..."nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day." Ahhh yes, the boldness of Paul! Once again we find Paul here suffering in prison, of all places...he surely must've felt abandoned by God? But instead of moping and grumbling or complaining, I sense Paul has boldness? What? What's up with that Paul? What was it that Paul committed to Him? Surely, he first has in mind his life. Paul knew he could not keep his own life; he knew only Go...d could keep it. God was able; Paul was not. Knowing this made Paul full of boldness, but it wasn't boldness in self, but in God! But it wasn't only his life that Paul had committed to God. Paul had committed everything to Jesus - his life, his body, his character and reputation, his life's work...yep, everything that was precious!...what? Seriously, precious? What do you need to commit to Him? Everything that is precious! Now, perhaps you understand why I've said it before...."I hate you Paul!.....Help Me Lord! Happy the Saturday Y'All! Stay home, stay warm, God bless Y'All...Peace!"

No comments:

Post a Comment