Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dead Dogs at the Dinner Table

"dead dogs at the dinner table?"Another of my favorite stories in the Bible...Mephibosheth & David
 2 Samuel 9:8 "What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me?" Talk about 'Amazing Grace'...The knock on the door meant that Mephibosheth was no longer hidden from David. Would David do as other kings did and massacre every potential rival to his throne? No, instead David went against the 'norm', he demonstrated love and grace...just like Jesus! A similar promise is given to the followers of Jesus. Jesus told the disciples that they would eat and drink at His table in heaven (Luke 22:30) This story of Mephibosheth & David, I can totally relate to "M", I feel the exact same way..."how could Jesus possibly do what He did for such a dead dog like me?" "Amazing Grace...that's all I have to say about that!"
"Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment