Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nowhere else to go

"self-reliance?"-"God helps them who help themselves!"-"Pull yourself up by your own boot straps!" But I read in 2 Cor 1:9 "But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God" I think God brings us to the end of our own resources, emotional, physical, perhaps financial, that we get right to the end. There's no place else to go. He might even love to hear us say, "I've had it, I can't do it any more...Help me Lord!"
For how many years I "tip-toed" around this subject with God...I'd give Him "lip-service", but in my heart...it was me...me whom I really trusted! It was in my job, in the amount of weekly $ I could bring home, which wasn't any huge amount mind you...but it seemed to pay the bills, and leave us a little (very little) extra. So God finally called me on it, my "heart-condition"...my lack of truly trusting/relying soley on Him...I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I've cried out to God...."I have nowhere else to go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment