Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

"aw, be c-a-r-e-f-u-l...you're worse than you think you are..." Phil 2:3 "Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves..." Wow, how's that stack-up to the world's idea?...to the world’s concept of self-esteem? Uhhh, bunk's it, don't it? The ancient Greeks considered lowliness of mind to be a fault, not a virtue...sound familiar?...sounds like 'our-world-today', ya know? But Paul goes on...(vs.5 says) "You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had"..."Aw come on Paul, are you serious?" It's always been too easy for me to read this description of Jesus and admire it from afar; yes God wants me to be 'awed by it', yesss! But He also wants me to see it as something that I must enter into...and i-m-i-t-a-t-e...You see, Jesus was/is God, He created us...and Jesus was willing to let go of His deity to become a man..."for the like's of me"..."He, who should have been served...Served !!!" That puts a slight 'twist' to things ya know? I had a brother tell me...years ago..."Uhhh, David, that would be Utopia!" Yeah, just think about it...If I consider you above me, and you consider me above you, a marvelous thing happens: we have a community where everyone is looked up to, and no one is looked down on! "Hmmm...kind a makes one think, ya know?"
"Hey folks...It's Christmas Eve...Our Dear Savior is Born!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment