Sunday, December 18, 2011

My yuck, does affect others?

December 18th, 2011......"there are always going to be 'conequenes' to my actions...my decisions..." Ezekiel 16:58 "You will bear the consequences of your lewdness and your detestable practices, declares the LORD" As far back as the children of Israel, many people who had gone through the rite of circumcision were still living after the flesh. And so the whole ritual was totally negated by the fact that they were living after the flesh...thus it is a meaningless ritual...because the rite itself did not guarantee that. Read thru the whole book of Ezekiel, God continually warns His children, "you will bear the consequences", yet they wouldn't listen...they kept going to their rituals, their acts, yet their hearts...well that was always a different story....so what of today? You see, God desires...God wants the circumcision of my heart, not of the flesh. So you say, "Well, I take communion." So. "I've been baptized." So. Those are marvelous rituals. They are very meaningful rituals if the truth has been actualized in your own experience. And it's the circumcision of my heart that counts.  My outward acts mean zilch, if in my heart, it's the very opposite! Often times, I can fool those 'round me, but ultimately..."ya can't fool God..!" Sometimes, God calls ya on the carpet concerning it, and when... that happens...whoa, do my decisions have mega consequences...especially to those who I love the most...my family! So, when I read of the history of God's Children, were warned, over and over again by God Himself...I think to myself, "boy, I think I would've listened to God's warnings... yet, do I ? Why, don't I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment