Thursday, August 11, 2011

Now that I'm Older

"uh when I grow up...I wanna die on a cross?" john 21:18 "I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; But when you are old, others will dress you and take you where you don't want to go" When Peter and Jesus first met, Peter was all about self-reliance...Here, Jesus promises Peter, when you are older, you will make a faithful stand for Me and be crucified. It's all about the cross. You can't help but do it...you look back over your life, and think...."I used to really think that was important, or this was important, but now?" God has this funny way of changing us...He does slowly, maticulously...what used to reign as so important, suddenly is not even worth thinking on...instead we mature...at least I hope, and in more cases than not, we become "kingdom minded"....like Peter, we focus our attention on finishing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment