Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'm Just to Pray?

"sovereignty: supreme and unrestricted power" Psalm 71:5 "For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence..." "I've got to do this...I've got to make this happen...if I don't, it won't" God demonstrated His Soverignty, His Power when He raised His son Jesus from the grave...I've heard it said; "If He's sovereign over some of it, He's truly sovereign over it All"...even my little stuff, Lord?"  So then, I'm just to pray....is prayer enough Lord?

What about, "God helps them who help themselves?"
The Bible teaches something entirely different than the above saying, because God makes special provision to help the helpless.
Romans 5:6, 8
For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly....But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Proverbs 28:26
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But he who walks wisely will be delivered.

Jeremiah 17:5
Thus says the LORD,
"Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind
And makes flesh his strength,
And whose heart turns away from the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment