Friday, June 3, 2011

"Who do I say...HE is?"

I remember growing up (I know I've told this story before...so bear with me)...and my Dad would say, "Don't do as I do...do as I tell you too"...that was confusing to me! Now, all these years later, having my own kids, I realized, I can't say that....the Bible is very clear..."talk is cheap", my actions need to match-up with my words!Jesus confronted his disciples, in Luke 9:18 "Who do people say I am?" vs. 20 "Who do you say I am?" Why did Jesus ask them that question? Do you think He still asks this question today? In my 'alone-times', when He gently 'nudges' me...and asks me, "who do you say I am?"...I'm forced to reflect, and to seriously ask myself..."do my actions match-up with my words?"

"O Lord, You above everyone, know my heart, know the "real me"...and in spite of that, YOU still love me....Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus!"

It makes me want to dance
You make me want to dance
When I think about how
You love me, You love me
You love me just the way I am
You love me, You love me
You love me just the way,
Just the way I am

No comments:

Post a Comment