Saturday, June 18, 2011

There's Only Two 'Sure Things' in Life

Growing up, my uncle always used to say "there's only 2 'sure' things in life...death and taxes" Psalm 27:13 says "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." ...How many times I would have just given up in life if I did not believe the promises of God. If I didn't believe to see the Lord. Life does have this way of draining you dry, I mean literally...its kind of an oxy-moron you know? Life itself, sucks the very life right out of you! You and I are flesh, carnal....we live by sight, and what we see often causes us to believe, the goodness of the Lord is a hard pill to swallow.....but the psalmist knows, and points it out to us in Psalm 27:13 and says "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Note to self....only God can be trusted, He alone is true, so take confidence and as Vs. 14 says:  "Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD"

No comments:

Post a Comment