Monday, June 27, 2011

Just a Closer Walk with Thee?

"spiritual blindness?...a walk down death row?" Mark 8:36 "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" Daily, okay minutely, we are reminded...it's a battle ya know? I mean where's the attraction in dying in an electric chair?...But it's possible, no probable, by avoiding the walk down death row with Jesus means that we may gain the whole world, and end up losing everything.
Every now and again, we're reminded of what it truly takes to "be like Jesus", and Pastor Rob did just that yesterday morning...and quite frankly, there's no attraction in it...in fact, I must confess, too often I choose the other path, the path more often travelled. Concerning this scripture of Jesus challenging us that if we are going to go His way, we need to die to ourselves, and become 'others centered'...a commentary I read said this: "Amazingly, the people who live this way before Jesus are the ones who are really, genuinely happy. Giving our lives to Jesus all the way, and living as an others-centered person does not take away from our lives, it adds to it"   "hmmmmm Lord, I really need Your help in this area, get my eyes off myself, help me in my spiritual blindness, Your spirit has to reign in me, so that I can take that walk down death row, and bring You the honor You deserve!"

No comments:

Post a Comment