Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Can we get there from here?"

Afternoon thoughts January 16th, 2011... I keep asking myself..."Lord, do we ever get it right? I mean, can we get there from here?" I remember my Dad growing up, he'd say this all the time: "why can't we all just get along?" I wonder, is that what I'm asking as well? Colossians 3 is all about putting off the old man, and putting on the new man...which because of what Jesus did for us, we can now do as well... Col 3:13-14 says "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."   Each one of the qualities mentioned in this passage express themselves in relationships. A significant measure of our Christian life is found simply in how we treat people...or how people treat us...and trust me, I am very quick to run to just how poorly I feel treated by others...I think its funny (funny peculiar, not ha-ha) how God always brings it back on me...regardless of how badly I want to put it on everybody else...the tail-end of vs. 13 reminds me "Forgive as the Lord forgave you"...ah drats, I've been forgiven so blasted much....and I've been loved so amazingly well by my heavenly Father....there's really no alternative except for me to keep trying to "love like Jesus did"....so Lord, I need Your help to do this.............

No comments:

Post a Comment