Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's difficult in this flesh

January 15th, 2011...."I'm a believer", ever heard that said? I think its fair to say, we are all believers...we all cling to some belief...regardless... if we are honest with ourselves, or others, we all believe in something...its what rules us, its what runs us, it even motivates us...what do we feed our beliefs??? what keeps our beliefs going??? I often say, my belief gives me 'hope'. Ah, 'hope'...now thats a word! So why did I title todays post, "Its difficult in this flesh"??? Right off the bat, I made the statement..."I'm a believer"...making such a statement, brings great responsibility (at least I think so)...if people who are around you daily know this, they tend to observe you more closely, they often want to see....does what he say and do, match up?...being a 'believer' to me means, I must strive to read God's Word daily....His promises are true....His promises give me hope...I've tried reading His Word daily for quite sometime, and over that time, I am reminded almost daily of "my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak"....or as todays post is entitled: "Its difficult in this flesh". You see...I am a very fickle person, unfortunately, my circumstances affect me, in fact, early on in my life...my circumstances drove me...but what God's Word has been trying to teach me over the years is that regardless of my circumstances, God is Good...circumstances are always changing, always challenging...it seems these last 2 years have always been more and more challenging...but regardless in the midst of these ongoing challenges, God is Good....and He cares for me!    Not only does He care for me, His Word tells me...He wants to do for me, He wants to give to me, to provide for me...and He does! I know this, I recognize this, I've felt first hand over the years, His many, many blessings in my life....yet remember, earlier I said, "I a very fickle person"...I tend to need affirming from Him, I am greedy...so when I read His promises....my spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak...."its difficult in this flesh".....it was like that this morning, in my reading of God's Word...2 Samuel 7:25 David is praying to God, and reminds Him of His promises..."Do as thou hast said." David had learned to trust in God's promises, and in this case he simply reminded God of one....and said: "I'm only praying because You promised. You told me that this is what You want to do." and so I desire to do that as well....I simply want to live by faith in our awesome God, the one who cannot lie, who does what He says...who has a plan, although often I confess, I don't see it, I don't understand it..."Help me this day Lord, to walk by faith, not believing in what I see, or in what I think, but walking in Your promises...Your promises are true!"

No comments:

Post a Comment