Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fire is everywhere?

Exodus 24:17 "To the Israelites the glory of the Lord looked like a consuming fire on top of the mountain." I remember the first time I read of Our God being a consuming fire...I was disturbed, it scared me...funny, that was years ago, this morning I read it again, same response..."scarey". Again in Hebrews 12:29 for our "God is a consuming fire." One commentary says...Fire is an interesting phenomena of nature. One thing you can say about fire is that it is everywhere. There is what they call aeromocasis. Long word, but it means the slow burning fire of nature. Take a piece of metal and lay it outside here, and in just a short little while that bare metal you'll see little bronze specks on it. What are those little brown specks? Oxidation, the slow burning fire of nature, as nature starts to deteriorate that piece of metal, starts to eat it away. Slow burning fire of nature, destroying, eating away. Fire--an interesting substance, because it can consume. But fire is also used to transform into permanency. If you put the alloy into the fire and heat it, it becomes steel; hardened and tempered by the fire. So fire is interesting. It can transmit something into permanency while consuming others. It all depends on the material that it is working with.
The sinners in Zion said, "Who can escape the fire of God?" The answer is no one can escape the fire of God. It is everywhere. You can't escape it. The question is, what is it doing to you? And it all depends on what you are. If you are a child of God, the fire of God is transmitting and transforming you into permanency. If you're not, it's a consuming fire that will one day totally consume you.
               Soooooo,  it all depends on the material that it is working with. This makes me ask myself..."what material am I?" The commentary stated..."If you are a child of God"...if I am a child of God? Am I? Pastor Rob spoke on just this topic Sunday...he pointed out how Satan loves to get us to doubt...doubt ourselves...doubt God's Word...doubt God's promises...doubt Jesus work at the cross! I believe personally, I cannot rely on myself, on my works, I cannot earn my way, I cannot 'be good enough', no way! But God...but Jesus, doubt them..."huh uh, no way!" But thanks be to God!
Here-in lies the TRUTH....Romans 6:17 "But thanks be to God"  Romans 7:25 "Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" 
1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 
2 Corinthians 2:14 "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."  2 Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"  Salvation is given to us in Jesus Christ! So when the doubts come, and they will, I must rely on the TRUTH! Thank You Lord, Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment