Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You'd think by now

Yes, yes....You'd think by now...a man who claims to be a "follower of Jesus Christ"...after years of plotting and scheming...of failing in his own attempts would "Stop!", You'd think! But nooooooo! he continues to try in his own strength. The idea is if I can just attain, if I can just achieve, it is going to satisfy. "Oh, this is it. This is going to satisfy. This is going to bring to me all that I am looking for in life." I just keep running down the trail. But when I get to the end of the trail, I once again find that it is empty, just like everything else. And yet. I look for another path to follow. I run here, I run there. I've got a thirst. i'm trying to satisfy that thirst, but it seems I truly don't know where...I don't know how...and finally I go to God's Word...Psalm 42:1-2..."As the deer pants for streams of water....my soul thirsts for God..." The psalmist knew....truly what I'm panting for, what I'm "thirsty" for, only God can give...Jesus, when He talked to the woman of Samaria there at the well, He said to her, "If you drink of this water you are going to thirst again" John 4:13 I need to inscribe that verse over every earthly ambition that I have, over every worldly pursuit. Go ahead, drink of it, but you are going to thirst again. You are not going to find the real satisfaction that your heart is yearning for, until you find God, and a meaningful relationship with God.    Again, yesterday, after yet another "plot" of mine...I hear my God whisper to me..."Don't you trust me David?"....O Lord, I confess to You..."before You, and You only have I sinned, please forgive me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment