Friday, January 21, 2011

Cause ya gotta have Faith

The very first "passover", Egypt...after over 400 years of slavery, God is about to give Moses and the children of Israel their travellin' papers. Exodus 12:11 "This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord's Passover."
The Passover lamb had to be eaten in faith, trusting that the deliverance promised to Israel was present, and that they would walk in that deliverance immediately. Ahhh Faith...up until this last plague, God had done everything He had Moses tell Pharoah He would do...and yet, Pharoah would not let the children of Israel go...I wonder, what the children of Israel's faith was like? Faith was essential to the keeping of Passover: By faith he [Moses] kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, lest he who destroyed the firstborn should touch them. Hebrews 11:28
So what about faith? Is it essential for me? Oh yeah, and how...I admit, too often my faith waivers...I believe what I see, what I hear, what I feel...some verses come to mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment