Thursday, January 27, 2011

It must be a 'heart thingy'

"it must be a heart thingy" Exodus 29:18 "a pleasing aroma, an offering made to the LORD by fire." God is giving Moses instructions on how to 'consecrate' (set apart Aaron and his sons, as priests, to the service of God)...fascinating process, from start to finish...Our God is a God of such detail, an order...This was not a ceremony for just anyone in Israel...the ceremony described here and carried out in Leviticus 8 was for priests, for Aaron and his sons. The process of consecration began with cleansing. All priestly ministries began with cleansing, and a cleansing that was received: you shall wash them. Aaron and his sons did not wash themselves; they received a washing. This was humbling, because it took place publicly at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. We cannot be cleansed from our sin without being humbled first. Like these ancient priests, every Christian is washed by the work of God's word (Ephesians 5:26), by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5). This cleansing work was accomplished by the death of Jesus for us (Revelation 1:5) and appropriated by faith. Tip of the right ear . . . thumb of their right hand . . . big toe of their right foot: These consecrated priests were stained with the blood of sacrifice. They should hear differently because the blood was on their ear. They should work differently because the blood was on their thumb. They should walk differently because the blood was on their toe. Read for youeselves this process, and see....I've always been fascinated by it...how could all this blood,and burning of 'animal meat', how all that could be a pleasing aroma?...must be in the attitude, a heart thingy...its always a heart condition, isn't it Lord?  It's still that way today, for us...I can simply go thru the motions, I can outwardly appear to be "giving my all" unto the Lord, but inwardly...Isaiah 29:13 says...The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men...that's my fear...the Lord knows my heart...I can 'fool' men, but "ya can't fool the Lord"...Thankfully, God doesn't move away from us, unfortunately, we move away from God!
"O Lord...how important it is to stay close to You...Paul said..."So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man" Acts 24:16, help me this day Father, to do just that...keep my conscience clear before You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment