Sunday, February 13, 2011

I wanna be a Blessing

Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." To have the glorious, happy face of God shining on you is the greatest gift one could have. Know this, as God looks upon you, He is well pleased - not because of who you are, or what you have done, but because you are in Jesus Christ! I too often lose sight of just how much I am blessed...especially when you consider, all blessings come from God! And not only that, but because of this, how critical is it...that I be a blessing to others? I think its huge, I mean, how better a way to get the "news" out?...or the living testimony of just how good God is....than to actually live it out loud, and be a blessing to those around you? I'm quite certain, I am my own worst enemy, you've heard me say this before....I too often look for blessings from God in the form of comfort, or even "things"...we often expect God’s blessing in our life to mean a world of comfort and ease - but that certainly isn’t for our greatest and highest good. "God Knows"...my bride says this often, and I even say it sometimes...its unfortunate but true, we often settle for happiness or comfort or wealth when God wants us to be blessed. True blessing from God is higher than happiness or wealth or comfort.  I can't help but wonder, when I am thinking correctly, and recognize just how blessed I am....then it frees me up to actually be a blessing to others....and in doing so bring God the glory He so deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment