Friday, February 4, 2011

Trials vs. wisdom

 Someone once said  "knowledge is the ability to take things apart, but wisdom is the ability to put things together..." James 1:6 "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
Trials are a necessary time to seek wisdom from God.
"O Lord, I don't want to be a wave on the sea, I need wisdom a lot more than I need knowledge...especially 'my' so called knowledge!  My knowledge seems to go hand-in-hand with the waves on the sea...I long for Your wisdom Father...and I recognize You are trying to teach me...forgive me once again for not be willing to learn...for not being willing to simply wait upon You!"     Friends came last evening to bring us a meal, and fellowship with us...they brought far more than that! Huge blessings! Not only a meal, which was wonderful...but they (The Lord) re-stocked our pantry, and a load of wood pellets, "Thank you Lord, thank you Jesus"!!!             
The man who came to Jesus and said Lord, I believe; help my unbelief (Mark 9:24) was not double-minded. He wanted to believe, and declared his belief. His faith was weak, but it wasn’t tinged with a double-minded doubt.  Forgive me Father, once again, I fear I am a double-minded man...

No comments:

Post a Comment