Friday, February 18, 2011

The Ultimate Refiner

Malachi 3:3 says..."He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver" ...."Ah, the trials of life...a refining process" It is said that the refiner puts the material into the hottest part of the fire...He is carefully working with the silver, burning off and scraping away the dross that that the flames bring to the top. He knows its complete when He can see His image in it.
"If you are just now in the fire, dear soul, be of good cheer - it shows at least that you are silver, and are capable of performing more acceptable service in God’s holy Temple." (Meyer)
I feel those "hot" fires all around me, have felt them for quite some time now...I'm encouraged from the standpoint that God is most definitely "working" on me...yet wonder, will the fires ever "let-up"?...just a tad-bit, please?
The latest fires...? Job opportunities, schooling, finances....just to name a few...keep working with Gary...learn the business and trade of hanging vinyl siding...pursue the latest opportunity of a sales rep/maintainer of current customers with Lawson Products...go ahead with the CNC Machinest Operator Course with Ivy Tech???? All three have attractions all their own "right now"...I've prayed, it seems for so long...for so long for opportunities, and now??...well, what-to-do, what-to-do?
Made it back to prayer group this morning, thank You Lord...a dear brother prayed for me..."to wait"..."wait on the Lord!" That's good counsel! And not one that I seem to be too good at I must confess..."will you make it clear Lord?...You often give such opportunities, such dilemas...I seem to have to "wrestle", never really "feeling" a clear and definitive---one more right--than other paths! often heard of others who get a "word" from You Lord...who receive such "clear" directions from You! Do they really? Does such counsel exist? Or do You present such opportunities to them as You do with me??....and than they too have to "wrestle"?........Dare I be like Gideon...and lay my "fleece" out before You?    Can I at least this day Lord, lay a "fleece" out before You? Could the Ivy Tech course be cancelled? If so, than I would be able to focus on Gary vs. Lawson?...at least for today, Lord? Please?
Even so...You have taught me to say...."Thank You Lord!...Thank You for these "wrestling" opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment