Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Its a Blizzard out there

For the last couple of days...the main topic 'round here (which it seems to always be this time of year), is the weather. "We could get anywhere's from 12 inches to 24 inches of snow!" Living in Indiana all my life, that's just a fact of life...but this morning I did a word search, "white as snow", on my favorite Blue Letter Bible site, and one verse especially caught my attention....Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool.  My sins, my sins aagainst God are stains...red stains, like blood red...they caused my savior, Jesus, to come to this earth and bleed for the "likes of me"...Thankfully though, The Lord offers any repentant heart, who humbles themselves before Him...true and complete cleansing from sin. My, our, condition of sin can be transformed from deeply stained to completely white.
“Come now, let us reason together,” says the Lord: The Lord God invites His people to come reason with Him. What He offers us isn’t just offered because He is “bigger” than us and has the right to dictate whatever terms please Him. God’s direction for us is reasonable. It is smart. It is the best way to live. It is just plain reasonable to follow God. Have you ever once heard of an old Christian, on their deathbed, gathering their children and friends around, and saying: “Now friends, watch out for that Christianity! I’ve followed Jesus my whole life and I’m so sorry I did! What waste that was!” What nonsense! Quite the contrary, we find that Christians on their deathbed are trusting and loving God more than ever. It’s just plain reasonable!  In this passage, Isaiah says nothing about how this cleansing comes. But we know that it comes because Jesus took upon Himself our stain of sin, and God judged sin perfectly and completely in Jesus, so we can be accounted white as snow and as white as wool. And that is really "Good News"..."thank You Lord, Thank you Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment