Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is my chief end?

"what is my chief end?" Psalm 96:8 says: "Give to the LORD the glory due His name" With the "stuff-of-life" always comin' at us, it's often difficult to remember...God is due all the glory, regardless of my circumstance? 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "No matter what happens, always be thankful" The thought isn’t “this is God’s will, so you must do it.” The thought is rather “this is God’s will, so you can do it.”

That's tough...at times of "reflection", say early in the mornings, during prayer, or my Bible reading...it seems easy to remember..."Give God the Glory"...all the Glory! But step outside, to go to work, or just to begin my day and "Wham"...now you've got to put your good intentions to work for you...actually put your money where your mouth is!  Go on now, you can do it!

"O Lord...Help me!...Help me this day to bring You the Glory due Your Name!"

No comments:

Post a Comment