Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God Knows

He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts. What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight. Luke 16:15   "God knows", my bride has reminded me so many times in our lives..."God knows"...when I allow my worries to overwhelm me (too often), but this morning I couldn't help wondering, God knows when I 'do things' for man to see, to receive some sort of acclamation from them...is that only why I do it, or am I really wanting God to get the glory? Are my motives right?...or, if not, perhaps this could be why God has chosen to leave me alone?  It seems to me, for the last 2 years, I've worked harder (labor, job, etc) than ever before, for less money than ever before..."have You turned Your face from me Lord?" I try to remain 'open', open to Your ways, to Your teachings Lord, to remain a student....am I just not getting it? "God knows your hearts", He knows my heart...Is this it? Is my heart bad?  Lord, even though, I battle with this...I will not move aside from You...i will not choose a different path, you have 'hemmed me in"...my Hope is in You!

Jesus, use me
please Lord, don't refuse me
Surely there's a work that I can do
and even though its humble,
Help my will to crumble
though the cost be great
I'll work for You

No comments:

Post a Comment