Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Try to Remember

"try and remember" 1 Chron 16:8 "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done." Too often, I dwell on how tough things are...I quickly forget All the Good God has done in my life...it's easy to Praise God when things seem good...Spurgeon once said: “All the good that we enjoy comes from God. Recollect that! Alas, most men forget it."
As I continue reading of the children of Israel, I can't help but thinking once again...I'm just like 'em!" Rowland Hill used to say that worldlings were like the hogs under the oak, which eat the acorns, but never think of the oak from which they fell, nor lift up their heads to grunt out a thanksgiving. Yes, so it is. They munch the gift and murmur at the giver...that's me, a hog who does little more than eats and murmurs...too often forgetting the importance of having a heart of thanksgiving.     O how I long to be a thankful man, what that would look like? How different it would be for those around me if I were? Would they enjoy me more? Would my life be more of a positive influence on others? Would God be given the glory due Him by my life? But too often I squelch that...I 'wallor' in how tough things are, and perhaps I bring people down instead...
"O Lord, i am thankful You are my God...I am thankful You 'longsuffer' with me...thankful you never leave me nor forsake me...I confess too often I grumble and murmur saying help me, look at my circumstance and bail me out...! Chron 16:29 says..ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name. Help me Lord to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment