Friday, May 27, 2011

The Friendly Confines?

"and I thought I had trials?" Hebrews 11:37-38 "They were stoned; they were sawed in two; they were put to death by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated—the world was not worthy of them." History shows that the 'world' is not usually very friendly to people of faith...and yet at the same time..."the world wasn't worthy of 'em" either...Does my faith in God always bring me tremendous triumph and victory over the enemy? Does my faith, guarantee me...no trials? Nope!, instead God promises trials... John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
 ...I do believe, by God's grace, that my faith will sustain me through any kind of circumstance that I may face in life.
I guess, I'd like to think, I suffer for Jesus.....I'd like to think the world was not worthy of me.....I can dream can't I?
"Lord, help me when I want to feel sorry for myself....help me to keep my eyes on Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment