Wednesday, May 4, 2011

On my own...or drawing near to God

"me...unswervingly?" Romans 10:23 "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." In a tough time? Discouragement can make us 'swerve' from the 'truth'. When times get tough, don't pull away, Romans 10:22 says, "Let us draw near to God"...the reason we can stand strong is because He who promised is faithful. It is far better to trust in His faithfulness instead of ours!
It would seem to me, I am constantly in need of encouragement...I mean, I try to go on facebook every morning, and be an encouragement to others, hopefully while bringing glory to God...but all the while, I am yearning for encouragement myself. The truth of the matter is.........God's Word is 'stock-piled' with encouragement! God's Word is 'stock-piled' with Truth....God's Word is 'stock-piled' with Promises! So, why don't I rest in it? "Aw, help me Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment