Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Remember to Whom You Are Praying

"the Honor due His Name" Jeremiah 32:17 "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." God gives us these stories & prayers as reminders...It's good when you start to pray, in your addressing of God, to sort of remind yourself of Who you're talking to. "Lord, there's nothing too hard for You." Remember that when you pray. I'm kind of ashamed to say, but I need this reminder...too often I just simply start in with my prayers, kind of like just rattlin' off my list if you will, never really truly giving it any deep thought or especially the respect God deserves. Take this prayer of Jeremiah, talk about a valuable one to study. Notice how he begins his prayer. "Oh Lord God, You've created everything, and there is nothing too hard for You." Oh, what a glorious way to begin a prayer. O Lord, help me to remember, to Who I am Praying...and help me to give to You, as 1 Chronicles 16:29 says... "ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name"

No comments:

Post a Comment