Friday, May 20, 2011

How important is talking to God, with You?

"tough pill to swallow?" 1 Peter 3:7 "Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered." I think by now we all realize, there are consequences in life. Every day, my behavior has ripple effects...trying to be a godly husband there are 'spiritual' consequences! Peter's reminder here sets me back in my tracks, "how I treat my bride, can effect my prayer life"...Whoa! "Help me Lord!"
As I once again, ponder this topic....this particular verse...its sobering you know? Peter, you always throw the responsibility back on me! God's Word is good at that...regardless of how people, or even life treats me...the responsibility is put back on me.....because of what Jesus did for me, I must live my life accordingly. I have no excuse, no justification, I cannot rationalize some behavior, or even convince myself of any vindication...Jesus took it all for me, now, I must take it all for Him...Especially when I sit and ask myself, "how important is praying to God to me?" "How important is it, that God hear my prayers?" I must tell you, it's H-U-G-E...I've tried this thing called "life" on my own, in my own ways, I'm no good at it alone...in fact, I mess it up pretty good....I've got nowhere else to go! God has hemmed me in....and please don't 'mis-hear' me, I'm thankful for this realization, I'm thankful to be His child.....I want to be obedient to Him, to His Word....so "Thank you Peter, once again for this reminder!"....and "Help me Lord, to live with my bride in an understanding way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment