Thursday, May 26, 2011

Heck, gettin' old

“How can you not lose heart?...what's the bigger picture?” 2 Cor 4:16 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." My body reminds me every day..."uh, you're old bub" It's true that outwardly, I'm perishing...but there's a bigger picture here...inwardly I'm being renewed! Simply by seeking the Lord in His word daily, He's changing me!
God's Word says it, so it's True...As our outer man is deteriorating, we are still encouraged, because our inner man can be in the process of renewal: "And have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him" (Colossians 3:10). As we are humbly seeking the Lord in His word, we are being changed, brought more and more into the newness of Christ: "Beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18). The message is the same: “On the outside, we are suffering and taking a beating. But on the inside, God is blessing and renewing us!”

"O Lord, as my outer man deteriorates, remind me of the encouraging reality that my inner man can be renewed. Help me to desire inner spiritual progress, rather than outer physical prowess. This I pray through Christ, my Lord, Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment