Wednesday, May 25, 2011

He's still on His Throne

"we serve the Big God" Nehemiah 6:15,16 "So the wall was completed in fifty-two days...they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God." "Extra, Extra read all about it...God uses a man named Nehemiah to set right a 100-year-old problem in less than two months!" Why wasn’t the job done in the more than 100 years before? It wasn’t that no one saw the problem; it wasn’t that walls were not wanted. Many people saw broken walls, knew how they ruined the lives of the people of Jerusalem, but no one got past the place of just wishing there were walls. Finally, there came a man who did more than wish Jerusalem had walls; he grieved, he ached, he prayed, he planned, he asked boldly, he went, he fought, he encouraged, he stood strong, he saw the job through to completion. But he also had people around him with the same kind of heart.
Sad to say, too often I have such small ideas of how Big God is...and if He wants too, He can even use the likes of you and me! "It's my hopes and my prayers Lord, that You show me the right time to be a man who "does" for YOU when it is the right time....too often I fear my plots and schemes are not from YOU, You have shown me over these years, of my need to pray....perhaps thru prayer YOU might teach me the right times?...please Lord?"

No comments:

Post a Comment