Friday, March 18, 2011

Compromises

"compromises?" Judges 1 God tells His Children, "drive out the inhabitants completely"...Our God knows the "draw" that sin has in our lives...He knew it then, with "His children of Israel", He still knows today! God knew they needed to 'purge' it (sin, detestable practices)  from the land, get it out of their site...These Israelites didn't say "let's forsake God" they simply decided that they would be satisfied with less. Essentially, thats our question too: "what will we be satisfied with in our Christian life?" God knows our tendencies towards "settling for less", the "draw" of sin...oh yeah, I may pray, and I think, "Ok God, I've waited long enough...you're not moving quite fast enough for me, I should probably just handle this myself"... Often God moves slower than I think He should, so I compromise, I settle...The problem with that way of thinking is, that once we satisfy ourselves with less than God's best for us, we will never be what God wants us to be. God has always had a plan...a way...a path for us to travel on...He knows whats Best and He wants that for me!
"Lord, Help me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment