Thursday, March 3, 2011

People know

"what do I treasure?" Deut. 11:18 says: "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds" God called Israel to not only read the Word of God and to know the Word of God, but to treasure it..."Ya mean it's not enough that I just read it Lord...I've also got to live it--love it, and treasure it?"

So many mornings I catch myself...hurrying thru my reading...so I can tell myself: "I read God's Word today!" Now don't get me wrong, reading God's Word is vital to me...in fact, honestly, I must have it! But this morning I'm reminded of a most sobering fact: "God desires I Love His Word"...to actually treasure it! I can say, over the years, at different times....I have had 'flashes' of a deep-deep desire, a hungerin' for His Word...times when I just couldn't get enough...times when I'd look it up in 3 or 4 different translations, study different commentaries, I'd write notes, and take notes etc. etc...a real hungerin'...ya know, kind of like maybe what God would like. But lately? Well like I said, I read...but do I hunger? Do I treasure? Not like God wants, I'm sure...

"O Lord...You deserve my 'all-in-all'...You should have, and should be, my true love"

No comments:

Post a Comment