Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It usually starts out subtly

"me, compromise?" Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge..." God hates evil. God's Word says, If I am to fellowship with God, I must also hate evil. But wait a minute...we've been taught, you know, the world says we're not to hate anything...the world says, we want to accept everybody. "Live and let live," Evil always is looking for you to compromise and to accept it. It usually starts out subtly...I remember growing up (some say, "you can remember that long ago!")...in my Lutheran grade school being introduced to the devil, red...long tail...pointed-ears, and a pitch fork! So, I was determined, I knew what to look-out for...the problem was, he never showed up like that...nope, he (the devil) is way smarter than that! The devil knew, and still knows today, people will shy away from him, if he shows himself in his true form...so he shows up looking very attractive...Romans 7:13 says, "Sin used what was good to bring about my condemnation." Satan comes at me with all the world says is 'good', the so-called better things-of-life...It begins very subtly, even innocently...and because our appetites are insatiable....we always need more, it doesn't take us long we start making compromises...we rationalize..."I deserve it!" And pretty soon, we accept almost everything, anything...we've become a very tolerant society..."Lord, Help us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment