Thursday, March 24, 2011

You need to be more tolerant

"Ooh, you're too narrow" Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else..." In a day when there is more pressure for us to become more liberal in our thinking, to be more tolerant... when we are accused of being narrow and bigoted...take heart, the Bible declares that, "neither is there salvation in any other." Jesus is the way, He said, "Straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to eternal life" Matt 7:14
It's pretty much a 'given' theses days...if you choose to walk-like-Jesus, you're gonna be labelled a f-r-e-a-k! Worse yet?...a Jesus Freak!    Want the "easier way?", just blend in...be tolerant! But Jesus' words ring in my head...He said: "If a person is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, I, the Son of Man, will be ashamed of that person when I return in the glory of my Father with the holy angels." Whoa...if I choose to blend in, what am I really saying? I'm ashamed of Jesus? It isn’t easy to walk death row with Jesus. It means that we have to associate ourselves with someone who was despised and executed. But if we are ashamed of Him, He will be ashamed of us. Yeah I think Jesus was a 'rebel'...and Jesus calls us to rebel against the established order of this world.
When I feel the urge this world has over me to just blend in, help me to remember..."Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." Psalm 84:10  "Help me Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment