Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walkin' the Talk?

"how I live says alot" Matthew 16: 15 “But what about you?” He asked. “Who do you say I am?” This is the question isn't it?...Talking is one thing, ahhh, but walkin' it? We answer this question every day by what we believe and do. If we really believe Jesus is who He says He is, it will affect the way that we live. Real Faith...what's that? If we want to know what "real faith" is, we must go to "the cutter"....ah James, "the cutter" as I like to call him...he lays it all out for us, no punches, just the "gut-wrenchin" Truth....James 2:17 says: "So you see, it isn't enough just to have faith. Faith that doesn't show itself by good deeds is no faith at all--it is dead and useless."  A living faith is simply real faith. If we really believe something, we will follow through and act upon it. James goes even deeper...vs. 19-20 "Do you still think it's enough just to believe that there is one God? Well, even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror! Fool! When will you ever learn that faith that does not result in good deeds is useless?" See what I mean? Ahh "the Cutter"....The appeal of James is clear and logical. We can’t “see” someone’s faith, but we can see their works. You can’t see faith without works, but you can demonstrate the reality of faith by works. To just say you have faith doesn't cut it. Saying it isn't enough. Every day, anyone who comes "in contact" with me is not only "seeing" my faith, but they are "judging" my faith...Do my words match my actions? Just saying it doesn't make it so. "Oh, I have all the faith in the world." Baloney! Nobody has all the faith in the world. If I believe certain things to be so, then my life is going to be lived accordingly. My life testifies of my faith or my beliefs. That's it...is my life a "living testimony" to Jesus Christ? Do I "walk-the-talk"? Is there "evidence"? Is there some proof? Talk is cheap! Just to say that you have faith and not have any works that correspond is totally wrong. You've deceived yourself. You aren't really walking in faith. If you are truly walking in faith, your works are going to be manifesting that truth.
So, James goes on and asks... "what does it profit if a man says he has faith, and he doesn't have works? can that kind of faith save him?" No, it can't. 
Now a lot of people made mistakes; going forward and saying the sinner's prayer and then going away and living the same kind of life doing the same kind of thing. They say, "Oh yeah, I was saved. I went forward and I said the sinner's prayer." No, no, the sinner's prayer isn't going to save you. It is a living faith in Jesus Christ that brings about actual changes in your life and the proof is in the works; the proof of your faith. Your works have to be in accordance, in harmony with what you are declaring to be true.

"Help me Lord...to walk like Jesus did..." "WLJD"

No comments:

Post a Comment