Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God Knew then...He Knows now

Deut. 31:16-17 And the LORD said to Moses: "You are going to rest with your fathers, and these people will soon prostitute themselves to the foreign gods of the land they are entering. They will forsake me and break the covenant I made with them. On that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and difficulties will come upon them, and on that day they will ask, 'Have not these disasters come upon us because our God is not with us?"

Now God is telling Moses, flat, "Moses, these people are going to go in and they are going to mess up. They are going to start whoring after the gods of the land. They are going to forsake Me. They are going to start following these other gods." How discouraging it must be to have foreknowledge.

Often, God and even Moses...called Israel...a "stiff-necked" clan...and what about us? What about me? I too, am stiff-necked! I've "messed-up" so many times...and undoubtedly, will continue to...Yet God never leaves me nor forsakes me! "Thank You Lord for that...Thank You for "longsuffering" over the likes of me!"

I pray Lord, you never tire of me...Keep me in Your Grip!

No comments:

Post a Comment