Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Am Not My Own

"remembering, who's you are" 1 Cor. 6:20 "for God bought you with a high price" Reading this morning that your brain in one day makes more connections than all of the telephone systems in the entire world. No wonder you're tired at night. With all those "connections", it's critical for us to "remember who's we are!" Jesus Christ redeemed me. He paid the price...I don't belong to me!

It's far too easy at times, to think, "I am my own man! I mean, gosh Lord You made me this way, You know exactly the talents, the desires I have....cause You formed me! And if You formed me, don't You want me to be who You made me to be?" But... I belong not to me. He didn't redeem me so that I could be my own man. He redeemed me so that I would belong to Him. I've been bought with a price; I am not my own to do with as I please. My life now belongs to Him to do as He pleases....
therefore we are to glorify God both in our bodies, and our spirits, which are his (1Cr 6:20).

"O Lord, help me this day...to glorify YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment