Monday, March 7, 2011

Contentment

"when & where does real contentment come?" It never ceases to amaze me, how often I strive to find my contentment and security in the "things" of this world. "If I could only get this...or if I only had that?"..."things" far less reliable and secure than God Himself! Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Someone asked millionaire Bernard Baruch, "How much money does it take for a rich man to be satisfied?" Baruch answered, "Just a million more than he has."
How often I "cry-out" to God and say..."Help my unbelief", I've read His promises over and over...I've sat and listened to countless sermons...."good Word" of God's Goodness, I've seen His Mighty Provision in my life--too many times to even mention...and yet how many times I forget, I grumble, I panic... Romans 8:31 says "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Oh I love that! I've got so much. I've got Jesus. Why can't I be content with what I have. It's been said so many times...If you've got the Lord, you've got everything. He is everything. He is our resource. He is all that we need. For He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Again this day...I must pray..."Help me Lord!...Thank You Lord for Your promises, cause me this day Lord to look only to You"

No comments:

Post a Comment