Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lord, help my unbelief

 Nothing restrains the Lord! Do we really believe it? Or does the title of J.B. Phillips’ book describe us: Your God is Too Small. We often feel that God is restrained in one way or another. In reality, the only thing that could be said to restrain God is our unbelief. 1 Samuel 14:6 "Perhaps the LORD will help us, for nothing can hinder the LORD" I confess...too often, I feel that God is just too small. God’s power is never restrained! I do the 'restraining'...in my unbelief. God’s power is never restrained, but His will may be restrained by our unbelief. He may choose not to act until we partner with Him in trust. Read 1 Samuel 14, and you see...God had a trusting partner in Jonathan! Am I willing to "partner with God?"....ooh, good question... Numbers or odds do not restrain God, but unbelief can...

"O Lord, give me a Romans 8:31 heart...If God be for us, who can be against us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment